THE FUTURE OF CINEMA: TALKING ABOUT MOVIES
Time & Location
About the Event
TOKYO: 9月 18日, 午前11時
CHICAGO: SEPTEMBER 17, 9:00PM
Let’s talk about something fun. This month, we’re going to the movies! We have a few questions for you:
- What’s your favorite movie? (There’s got to be more than one…)
- Is the future of entertainment just streaming? Will we still want to go to the theater?
- What do all of the great movies have in common?
- What we can still learn from directors like Kurosawa and Hitchcock.
- What turns a good film into a pop culture phenomenon? (Hint: Think about the production)
Join us for a conversation with Chicago based modern artist and writer Michael Foster. We'll cover everything from:
- How studios should be integrating new technologies like 3D and 4K
- Releasing your new favorite films simultaneously at home and in the theater
- Why Japan and the United States will lead the next great cinematic wave
- Are comic book movies over? Is the future of film in video game adaptations?
Through anecdotes and conversation, we'll explore the possibilities of the future of film and what the next ten years of making movies looks like. You’ll be surprised at how the lessons we learn from the movies themselves and the business of filmmaking can be applied to our own creative endeavors.
This would be an online event and the zoom link would be shared with you once you sign up for the tickets. Please be aware of the time zone as this event would be open for everyone to join (irrespective of your country/location). Kindly add it to your calendar so that you don't miss out on this. We are looking forward to seeing you all "virtually". Also, since this is an online event, we would request everyone to kindly keep their cameras on and themselves on mute unless you want to speak for a smooth experience. This event will mostly be in English.
Disclaimer: We will be taking photos (screenshots) during the event and it would be recorded, which may be used on our SNS and Youtube.
- free ticket¥0¥00¥0